Iheanacho visits specialist
Striker Kelechi Iheanacho has visited a specialist as he continues to struggle with a toe complaint. The 20-year-old summer signing from Manchester City faces a late fitness test before the visit of Brighton. The Nigerian star sustained the injury at the beginning of this month in Leicester's final pre-season friendly against Borussia Monchengladbach. He still made his full debut for Leicester last weekm, lasting 82 minutes of the 4-3 defeat at Arsenal.
Britton could miss United match
Swansea City captain Leon Britton is a doubt for the Premier League game against Manchester United at the Liberty Stadium. The 34-year-old has been struggling with a back injury, so Jay Fulton and summer signing Roque Mesa are on standby to replace the veteran midfielder. Fernando Llorente, Nathan Dyer and Ki Sung-yueng remain absent as Swansea play for the first time since Gylfi Sigurdsson's departure to Everton for a club-record fee.
Sturridge back in training
Daniel Sturridge handed Liverpool a welcome boost by completing a full training session on Thursday. The 27-year-old striker had missed the opening 3-3 draw at Watford due to a thigh injury. 'Daniel was part of the complete session and looked really good,' said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp. 'But as with all injury recoveries you have to wait to see how the player reacts to the added intensity.'
Coutinho to miss Palace game
Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho is to miss Saturday's game against Crystal Palace with a back injury as speculation continues about his future. Barcelona have said they are "close" to signing the 25-year-old Brazilian. He submitted a transfer request last week, days after the club rejected a 100m euros bid from Barcelona. Liverpool are adamant that Coutinho will not be sold in this transfer window.
Sanchez set to miss Stoke match
Alexis Sanchez is set to make his Arsenal return against Liverpool next week with Arsene Wenger revealing he is a doubt for the trip to Stoke. The Chilean forward has been struggling with an abdominal injury which forced him out of the opening weekend win over Leicester. Sanchez didn't feature in pre-season due to the Confederations Cup amid uncertainty over his future and his injury has only fuelled speculation over a move.
Hazard returns to Chelsea training
Eden Hazard has provided Antonio Conte with a major boost by returning to training for the first time since injuring his ankle on international duty. The 26-year-old missed Chelsea's pre-season campaign after he underwent surgery in the summer having sustained an injury playing for Belgium following the end of the domestic campaign. Hazard is still set to miss the opening handful of games, with manager Antonio Conte unwilling to name a date for his winger's comeback.
Zaha ruled out for up to a month
Wilfried Zaha is set to be out for four weeks after suffering an injury in Crystal Palace's 3-0 home loss to Huddersfield Town. The Eagles winger left Selhurst Park in a protective leg-brace with the club describing it is a precautionary measure to aid his recovery. But the damage is enough to potentially see Zaha miss the next four matches.
Barkley faces injury absence
Everton fear midfielder Ross Barkley could face an extended lay-off after injuring his hamstring in training on Monday. The 23-year-old, who is the subject of transfer interest from Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal, had only just returned to training last week following a hernia operation. Barkley appeared in 34 matches for Everton that season.
Newcastle lose two defenders to injury
Newcastle United lost two key defenders in their loss to Tottenham Hotspur to kick off the Premier League campaign. Paul Dummett appeared to pull up with what looked like a hamstring problem within the first 10 minutes, before a Harry Kane challenge put an end to Florian Lejeune's Premier League debut on Tyneside. Manager Rafa Benitez has apparently confirmed that Dummet will be ruled out for 'a couple of weeks', while it's 'too early' to tell on Lejeune right now.
Conte provides worrying Hazard udpate
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has issued a worrying update on Eden Hazard's recovery from injury, claiming it is impossible to put a date on his comeback. The Belgian international has not featured during pre-season as he steps up from an ankle injury he suffered on international duty following the end of the domestic season.
Hazard had originally been penciled in for a return to action in September, but Conte appears to have played down that hope. "It's difficult to give a time or a date. Difficult, difficult," he said ahead of Chelsea's opening game of the season against Burnley on Saturday.
McCarthy ruled out of Everton opener
Midfielder James McCarthy has been ruled out of Everton's season opener with Stoke on Saturday with a knee injury. McCarthy sat out Everton's pre-season finale with Sevilla on Sunday, with Everton manager Ronald Koeman telling reporters after the game that he was held out due to a knee injury. Koeman said that the Ireland midfielder had made a return to training but that Saturday's season opener against Stoke would be too soon for him and fellow midfielder Ross Barkley, who misses out with a groin injury.
Pedro to miss Burnley game
Chelsea forward Pedro has been ruled out of the Premier League champions' opener against Burnley on Saturday due to an ankle injury. Head coach Antonio Conte provided a fitness update ahead of the game at Stamford Bridge, revealing Pedro has not recovered from a problem he sustained before being sent off in the Community Shield against Arsenal last week. Former Roma defender Rudiger, meanwhile, could be in line to make his first start for Chelsea due to Victor Moses' suspension.