Sports Betting Information - news, statistics and predictions
Kone escape serious injury
Everton have confirmed that striker Arouna Kone did not suffer a serious knee injury in the Toffees' win over Queens Park Rangers. Kone was substituted after 79 minutes of the 2-1 victory at Loftus Road. It was feared Kone had suffered significant knee damage but a post-match scan confirmed the Ivorian had avoided that fate, although Everton have said it isn't yet known if he will be available for their next fixture, at home to Southampton on April 4.
Pinillos handed four-match ban
Cordoba defender Daniel Pinillos has been handed a four-game ban, following his sending off in 3-1 defeat at Real Sociedad last weekend. With less than a minute to play, Pinillos was given a straight red card for abusing a match official.
Unfortunately for Cordoba, he will not be the only man set to miss out in the coming weeks through suspension. Aleksandr Pantic and Inigo Lopez also received red cards in the game at Anoeta, and were handed bans by the Football Federation.
Haidara ruled out until May
Newcastle defender Massadio Haidara has been ruled out at least until May. The news means that United will be playing without a specialist left-back for the foreseeable future, with Davide Santon having being moved on and Paul Dummett already confirmed as missing the rest of the campaign. John Carver has told the local papers that Haidara is suffering from an 'ongoing' knee injury but hopes to have him back sometime in May.
Gibson out of EURO 2016 qualifier
Everton midfielder Darron Gibson has pulled out of the Republic of Ireland squad for the international game against Poland this week with another groin injury. The 27-year-old has only just returned to the Everton first team after 18 months out with a cruciate injury. Gibson now faces a race to get back to fitness in time to face Southampton with the Blues after the international break.
Rose withdraws from England squad
Tottenham defender Danny Rose has withdrawn from the England squad to face Lithuania and Italy through injury. The 24-year-old was called into the squad on Saturday after Luke Shaw was forced out with a hamstring problem but has now been sent back to Spurs with hip and hamstring injuries of his own. Rose has become the the fifth player to pull out of the international double-header since Roy Hodgson announced his squad last week.
Forster ruled out for rest of season
Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster will miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on a knee injury. Forster, 27, was hurt when clearing the ball in his club's 2-0 win over Burnley on Saturday, forcing him out of England's squad to face Lithuania and Italy. Forster joined Southampton from Celtic in the summer and has played in all 30 of their Premier League games this season.
Dodo has successful surgery
Inter defender Dodo has undergone successful surgery on a knee injury, but the club have not put a timescale on his return. The Brazil international was substituted in the 62nd minute of Inter's 1-1 Serie A draw against Cesena on March 15, with reports in Italy suggesting he suffered knee ligament damage. Dodo has made 20 league appearances for Inter since moving to San Siro in the close-season.
Koka sidelined for a month
Egyptian striker and Rio Ave top scorer Ahmed Koka will be sidelined for one month due to injury. Koka was stretchered off in his side's Portuguese league game at home to Benfica on Saturday after suffering a hamstring tear. Koka is one of Rio Ave's best performers this term, having netted 15 goals in all competitions so far, including 12 in the Portuguese league. The 22-year-old, who came through the youth ranks of Egyptian giants Ahly, is five goals behind the league's top scorer Jackson Martinez of Porto.
Marin to return to Chelsea
Chelsea flop Marko Marin has suffered another blow after Anderlecht decided to pull out of a deal to buy the winger this summer. The 26-year-old suffered a season-ending hamstring injury in Sunday's Belgian cup final against Club Brugge, and will now return to Stamford Bridge. Marin had loan spells with Sevilla and Fiorentina before he arrived at Anderlecht in the January transfer window. He has two years remaining on his contract with Chelsea.
Argentina calm fears over Messi injury
Argentina have calmed fears over Lionel Messi after medical tests showed no damage to his right foot. The Barcelona superstar is in the United States with the national team, who have upcoming friendlies against El Salvador and Ecuador. Some reports had suggested that Messi would have to return to Spain, though, after he suffered a blow to the foot in his club's 2-1 Clasico win over Real Madrid on Sunday. However, the Argentina Football Association has released a statement confirming that tests revealed the 27-year-old is not injured.
Hamilton out indefinitely
Boston Bruins defenseman Dougie Hamilton is out indefinitely due to a shoulder injury. Hamilton did not play in Sunday's loss at Tampa Bay after leaving Saturday's contest against the Panthers after absorbing a hard hit from Florida forwards Scottie Upshall and Nick Bjugstad simultaneously. The 21-year-old was enjoying a career year, picking up 10 goals and 32 assists over 72 games.
Dupuis not expected back this season
The Pittsburgh Penguins revealed on Monday that forward Pascal Dupuis is not likely to return to the lineup this season as he recovers from a blood clot. Dupuis was diagnosed with a clot in his lung back in mid-November and was initially expected to be out of the lineup for at least six months while undergoing treatment with blood thinners. Before his setback, Dupuis recorded six goals and five assists in 16 games this season. He missed the majority of the 2013-14 season after tearing his ACL.
Beverley may have torn wrist ligament
Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale told reporters on Wednesday that Patrick Beverley's recent wrist injury will sideline the point guard between 7 to 10 days before he's reevaluated. Yahoo! Sports reported that Beverley tore a ligament in his left wrist during Monday's game at Indiana and that the team is currently determining whether the injury will require season-ending surgery. The Rockets have yet to disclose any specifics about the injury.
Steve Nash announces retirement
After a 19-year NBA career in which he twice won MVP honors, tallied the third-most assists in league history and assured his place in the Hall of Fame as one of the greatest point guards to play the game, Steve Nash has decided to retire due to chronic injuries that have hampered the Los Angeles Lakers point guard in recent years. The 41-year-old has appeared in just 65 games since joining the Lakers in a sign-and-trade deal with the Phoenix Suns in July of 2012. Nerve problems from a leg injury limited Nash to just 15 games last season. He has not played at all this season due to recurring nerve damage in his back.
Alonso ready for Malaysia
McLaren-Honda driver Fernando Alonso says he feels "ready to go" in the run up to this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix, where he intends to return to the cockpit following his pre-season accident. Alonso was advised to sit out the opening round of the season in Australia by doctors, after suffering concussion in a testing crash last month. McLaren released a statement on Monday confirming Alonso's return at Sepang, subject to final medical checks, and the Spaniard is confident that he can face the challenges ahead. "I've been working hard on my fitness and I feel good and ready to go this weekend," said Alonso.
injured and suspended players
football: latest transfers
|Feb 15||Dame N'Doye to Hull City||€ 4m|
|Feb 15||Andy Kellett to Manchester United|
|Feb 15||Darren Fletcher to West Brom|
|Feb 15||Chung-Yong Lee to Crystal Palace|
|Feb 15||Lucas Ocampos to Marseille|
|Feb 15||Gilles Sunu to Evian|
|Feb 15||Afriyie Acquah to Sampdoria|
|Feb 15||Anastasios Donis to Sassuolo|
|Feb 15||Juan Cuadrado to Chelsea||€ 33.4m|
|Feb 15||Andre Schurrle to Wolfsburg||€ 32m|